The Marshall Plan for Novel Writing
4TH EDITION – COMPLETELY REVISED & UPDATED
This is the book which demystified novel writing for a massive audience, a groundbreaking international bestseller on the shelves of thousands of published authors. The Marshall Plan technique is the industry’s #1 go-to novel-writing method for anyone who wants to write a commercial novel—fast.
In this unique guide, agent, editor and novelist Evan Marshall provides an easy-to-follow plan which simplifies the complex process of designing and writing successful commercial fiction. Now revised, this book includes these topics:
- Choosing the perfect genre for you.
- Shaping your story idea . . . with Hollywood in mind.
- Developing strong main characters for your story.
- Word-length ranges for the most popular fiction genres and subgenres.
- NovelMaster, which takes the guesswork out of structuring your novel.
- How to interweave plots and subplots.
- How to lay out all of your novel’s scenes.
- Mastering the five fiction-writing modes.
- How to handle story research so it doesn’t slow you down.
- 50 easy-to-implement fiction-writing techniques from the pros.
- A complete manuscript self-editing guide.
- How to format your manuscript for submission.
- How to approach agents and editors.
- Developing a fiction proposal, including the long and short synopsis.
- Self-publishing your novel.
REVIEWS OF THE MARSHALL PLAN FOR NOVEL WRITING
3.7 average rating, 440 ratings, 55 reviews, added by 954 people, 336 to-reads, 87% of people like it—Goodreads
4.1 out of 5 stars (88 customer reviews)—Amazon
“A down-to-earth approach to completing a novel.” —Boulder Planet
“The Marshall Plan for Novel Writing is a master plan for aspiring novelists. Evan Marshall is brilliant.” —Bobbi Smith, New York Times bestselling author
“A comprehensive manual to writing a novel for all writers—from the beginner to the more advanced looking for polishing tips. Savvy and concise.” —Bill Contardi, literary agent
“Finally, a practical how-to manual for all aspiring authors, written with wit and wisdom. A delightful read!” —Maureen Walters, Vice President, Curtis Brown Literary Agency
“An invaluable tool for the aspiring novelist. An upbeat, easy-to-follow guide that takes the mystery out of writing.” —Alicia Condon, Editorial Director: Fiction, Kensington Publishing
“Evan Marshall has the scoop on making book—from beginning to end and everywhere in between.” —barnesandnoble.com